Allowah Disability Support Services is an NDIS accredited disability support provider. We provide a huge range of supports, so that your child gets the care they need…all in one place.
Psychology Services & Behaviour Support
Allowah offers quality psychological supports, services and assessments, delivered by our suitably qualified clinicians. We work with families to find out how we can best help.
- Mental health services and counselling support for the management of anxiety, depression, grief, stress, emotional regulation difficulties, PTSD and more.
- Evidence-based assessment to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of cognitive disabilities, learning difficulties or disorders, ADHD and a variety of mental health conditions.
- Personality assessments
- Comprehensive assessment including: Functional Behaviour Assessments
- Development of interim and comprehensive behaviour support plans
Physiotherapy at Allowah offers a range of services, with a particular strength in supporting children with very complex needs.
Our skilled physiotherapists provide expert support with:
- Early Intervention – gross motor development
- Prescription of walking aids and standing frames
- Body garment recommendation
- Bike riding training and recommendation
- Manual handling education and training
- Serial casting (to help foot positioning)
- Prescription and recommendation of AFO sand other foot splints
Our Occupational Therapists operate as part of our therapy team, working to promote participation and enjoyment in the activities of everyday life.
• Therapy intervention for development of hand skills.
• Therapy intervention to increase a child’s participation in leisure activities, improving play skills and developing social and emotional capacities.
• Assistance to choose aids and equipment (including transfer equipment, seating and wheelchairs, bathing and showering equipment, beds and mattresses)
• A range of assessments including: Occupational Therapy Assessment, Sensory Assessments, Functional Living Skills Assessment, Developmental Assessment (fine and gross motor), assessment and trial for wheelchairs and other equipment, and Complex Wheelchair and Seating Assessment.
Our Dietitian is qualified and skilled in paediatric nutrition and dietetics, with a wealth of experience working with children with complex disabilities. Offering expertise in both oral and enteral nutrition, our Dietetic services include:
• individual assessment and advice: in person, home and school visits, and/or teleconference
• detailed nutritional analysis for oral and enteral intake
• comprehensive anthropo metric assessments
• tube feeds and nutritional supplements at special prices using the Home Enteral Nutrition scheme
• collaborative nutritional management and care with the dietitians of the Sydney Children’s Hospital Network.
Allowah offers Support Coordination to assist children, families and carers with the planning and management of the range of services you receive. This is offered for all levels of complexity, from basic help to high level coordination for very complex situations.
Our experienced Support Coordinator offers:
• Assistance in the transitioning of young people with disabilities from paediatric to adult care services.
• Personalised support to empower families with the skills and information to make their own decisions about the kind of services they receive.
• Help to understand your plan and build the skills that you need to implement and utilise NDIS funding efficiently and cost-effectively.
• Coordination and review of a wide range of your chosen services to increase your capacity to maintain a good quality of life.
• Guidance in exploring potential resources and external services when needed
Our Speech Pathologist diagnoses, manages and treats children who are unable to communicate effectively or who have difficulty with feeding and swallowing.
At Allowah, we provide our services with a child and family-centred approach. While delivering care and support, we also seek to provide emotional and social support to each child, their families, and carers.
MyTime Parent Support Group
Sometimes you just need to talk to people who ‘get it’. That’s one reason our MyTime support group continues to grow. We currently meet online each week and welcome anyone who cares for a child with a disability to come and chat.
Holiday & Weekend Program
Allowah’s Holiday Programs are a great way for kids to spend time doing a range of fun activities in a safe and caring environment. We have adapted our program to run in a way that allows the fun to continue whilst following the latest COVID-safe health advice.
If your child has complex medical needs and you are looking for respite, talk to us. We have a number of options available and are highly skilled in looking after children with complex disabilities and medical needs.
Lots of children with complex disabilities need surgery and care for the first few weeks after surgery can be daunting. We are here to help with private hospital admission or respite care provided by our clinical nursing team.
Give us a call to find out more or to book.
Presbyterian Children’s Hospital and Disability Support Services